1. I just found out one of my favorite stores is going out of business :(
RUEHL is closing down for good.... I don't really buy their T-shirts, but I really like all of their leather products, and solids (plain long sleeve T's to layer, plain tanks, solid button down shirts). Anything leather from RUEHL is worth buying, trust me. The quality is great. Buy a leather bag from RUEHL and it will last a VERY long time. The jeans are pretty nice too, but I've only owned one pair so I can't really say anything fair about that. Cotton knits are worth buying... they're soft, good quality, durable, long-lasting, all that good stuff.... Like I said I'm not really into any of the T-shirts. I don't really wear printed T's too much anymore, but a lot of people like them so I say go for it.
Look into it before it's gone forever!
2. I'm obsessed with soap. There's no surprise here. (my family in MD only uses body wash.... it was the worst!!!!! like a fool, I didn't think to bring soap with me ) But I'm looking for a place to buy homemade or organic soap in Pittsburgh. It doesn't have to be 100% organic, but all natural ingredients definitely help.
I used to buy from Union Street Soap works, which is AMAZING. I know they sold every friday on 12th and Independence in DC, but now that it's winter, I'm not sure if they're doing it anymore. I could easily order on their website, but the only downside is I can't feel or smell anything that isn't in front of me, so....
Right now I'm using this Lavendar Oatmeal soap I randomly found at Trader Joe's (which I've fallen in love with), BUT IT'S ALMOST DONE! so.... I really need to find someplace in Pittsburgh to go try out.
suggestions?
Sorry to hear about the closing of ur shop, but due to the amount of competition in the clothing business, you'll prolly find another one soon (hopefully it's close). On the soap topic, the place for organic stuff in Pitt is Whole Foods Supermarket on Centre Avenue. I went there once or twice (organic stuff is def not cheap), but you'll definitely find almost anything organic you're looking for (soap included). Here's the website - www.wholefoodsmarket.com - and if ur an organic type of person (or just soap), this is prolly like heaven, lol. I use soap a lot, but it gets me too ashy, which is why I should be using liquid soap, but it is what it is. You can take the 71A to get there btw.
ReplyDelete