Music Mondays is a Twitter thing. And now that I'm a pretty frequent Twitter-er, I guess I can do it to.
For my last monday at this job, I'm in a celebratory mood and I want to listen to feel-good music today. The kind that makes you want to close your eyes type feel-good music. Naturally, John Mayer does that to me.
The video below is actually a performance from John Mayer Trio, a group put together in 2005 for what seems like the purpose of touring. I'm not quite sure if that's actually the case but that's what it seemed like to me. John Mayer was doing perfectly fine recording on his own. Anywho, in a live performance sense, he definitely does better with bassist Pino Palladino and Steve Jordan on drums. It so nice to see real music, made with actual instruments... the kind you play.
Here's "Vultures", one of my all-time favorites, written by the trio.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment