Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Friends... How many of us have them?

Recently I've been noticing little things that my friends do, how they act, what they say.... and it's really opened my eyes to what people are in my life for the right reasons and what people aren't.
I am really lucky to have great people in my life, but I still think it's really important to appreciate your friends and try to treat them as they treat. Show the same consideration that they show you.

I've also been noticing little things that people say whether it be on twitter or facebook or whatever. I want to surround myself with people who are as focused as I am and carry themselves in a certain way, so I find myself distancing myself from people that don't fit that and gravitating towards the people that do.

For example, the people I'm closest to have a purpose in their life. They dedicate themselves to being the best they can whether its at work or school or whatever their goals may be. And then I see those that sit around all day not doing anything, talking about nothing, thinking about nothing, working towards nothing, and as horrible as it sounds I don't want to surround myself with people like that.

I'd would rather be around people who have a certain level of motivation, and those that will push me to be better. Another example...If I have a friend who is on top of their schoolwork and I'm slacking, watching them will make me want to do better.

I'm also gravitating towards people who have a certain level of maturity or carry themselves in a certain way and who is able to engage in the kinds of conversations I like to have. I don't want to be around people who don't know how to alter their behavior depending on what setting their in, or people who have zero life experience and can't hold a conversation or looks at things from different perspectives, or people who only talk about things that they think other people like rather than finding out what really interests them despite the opinions of others.

Point is... I've been hearing a lot of people talking about how I'm not really around campus anymore. I don't really just sit in the union anymore, or sit in the library pretending to study anymore, or sit in market central for hours. I have things to do. I have goals to reach. And what I don't have is time to be wasted. Even when I do just wanna chill and relax, it's going to be with people who are on a level somewhere near mine (not to blow my head up).

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment