An interesting topic came up in conversation the other day...
How much is too much to share with your friends about your love life? My first instinct was to say "don't tell them anything", but at the same time, aren't your friends supposed to be the ones you can confide in? Talk to when you need to get something off your chest? Or if you had an amazing experience and you really want to share, who else are you supposed to share with?
Yes, I think it's healthy to have people that you can trust and confide in. And it's only naturally for people to talk and want to talk. BUT... shouldn't some things be kept sacred? I'm just saying, not everything is meant for everyone. Not only that, but everything you tell your friends becomes their boyfriend/girlfriend's business.
As much as most of you hate to admit it, you tell your bf/gf all your friend's business.
"Hey boo.... OMG you will never guess what Suzie told me..."
yea it happens all the time.
trust your friends, but understand that your business is their business, and their busness is their man's business. just sayin....
i have to fully agree with this...trust is a very important factor in everyone's life, and I love going back to the ol' quotes, but if you have more 'friends' than the fingers on your hands, you have too many friends. And friends, I mean the ones that you can truly confide him or ones that basically fits your description above. And not only bf/gf business, but any business that concerns you. Sometimes as soon as you share any business with anyone, and this happens when times are good, things seem to falter (i've seen this consistently), so I try my best to keep my very personal stuff confined. just sayin...
ReplyDelete