Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Stress is a BITCH

I'm becoming more and more stressed these days, but not exactly handling it in the best way.

So its time for me to find a new coping mechanism. I don't like being overwhelmed with life, feeling like I can't handle the things being thrown at me. Can't deal. It messes with my sleep and my attitude. Patience goes out the window and I tend to be mean to people, especially the ones I like the most. Its backwards, but its true.

I like to be in control of the things going on in my life and as soon as I feel like I'm losing that control, all hell break's loose. What's worse is I don't like being not good at something. Of course there are some things like drawing or basketball that I know I'm horrible at and couldn't care less. But when it comes to things that I feel are necessary in my life that I'm not accmplishing, I feel like I'm failing. which leads to stress.

So, how does one deal with such situations:

1. I used to meditate every single day. Now I'm down to twice a week. It definitely helped me to calm down, clear my mind, be more optomistic about my day. Gotta get back into that habit. (Refer to the BE STILL post)

2. Count to TEN? This doesn't work for me... so scratch that.

3. Excercise. DEFINITELY works. Raquetball is one of my favs. Pretend the ball is your stressor... then hit it. It's great.

4. Seek Therapy. For me, I don't think it's that serious. But then again, I never think I have problems. And everyone does...

5. And finally an old favorite of mine- Create an alternate world you like a lot better and pretend to live in it. This isn't for crazy people, I promise. I would just pretend my problems didn't exist and ignore the things that bothered me. *Avoiding your problems is never the answer, but its a nice little temporary fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment