*what an original title*
The Break was great, and definitely much needed. I got to spend time with my family, reconnect with some old friends, eat eat then eat some more. AAHHH it was great.
Being in my parent's house was a bittersweet experience. Me and that house have a love/hate relationship. to me it's just a house, it doesn't really feel like my home anymore. Home would be anywhere my family is.
I don't think I REALLY feel truely at home anywhere, which is a shame haha. I've lived in 3 different places since I moved to Pittsburgh, and I'm about to start looking for home #4, which is a crazy thing within itself...
But anyway, a break is exactly what I needed and I'm glad I took it. :)
It was disappointing to forget the real reason for the holiday, but I quickly caught myself ;)
The time to reflect felt good. just to think about all the things I'm thankful for, reflect upon my life... where it is and where I want it to go. Of course, no one's life is perfect, but I can honestly say I'm pretty damn lucky. I gotta work on that "complaining" thing I do sometimes. The things that stress me out are nothing compared to what a lot of people in this world go through.
Moral of the story: focus on the positive. strive to do and be better. be greatful for the lives we've been given... and put a smile on :)
nice reading your blogs....good to find a place to release your stress and thoughts....but as you mentioned the things we take for granted is nothing compared to what millions of ppl experience as a daily way of life. Being able to see, walk, talk, breathe without having to wait for someone to die to get their lungs *sigh* As the ol' ppl saying goes, "You never miss the water til the well run dry" i.e. not until something happens to affect one of the aforementioned stuff etc, will we be able to cherish them like we're supposed to.
ReplyDeletethanks for reading :)
ReplyDelete