Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

9am-6pm Mon-Fri

Who defines what are to be "appropriate" work relationships?
One man calls me MICHELLE, every.single.day. (my name is DANIELLE, by the way) He insists on calling me michelle while everyone else knows to call me danielle.. offended? slightly. upset? eh, a little. but is it tolerable? definitely. because I do not throw a bitch fit everytime he says "want some lunch, michelle?" feed me, and my name will mustafah if you'd like.

But then there are the ones old enough to be my father asking me if I got drunk over the weekend, inquiring about the relationship between me and the imaginary boyfriend he created for me, trying to pay me to take his son on a date, and asking me how old my hair weave is.

Is it appropriate to comment on a co-workers artificial alterations? What if I had giant fake boobs and he commented on those? Is that supposed to be more offensive than admitting that you think I have a weave and then talking TO ME about it?
Furthermore, my hair is real. And even if it was fake, how rude! (I loved Full House) I choose to ignore such people and their antics, because after I like my job. And for the time being I need to keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment