What's up with all this bullshit about health care reform?
See, this is why I'm a democrat and a damn proud one at that. This country needs universal health care; point blank. There are millions of people in this country who's diseases are preventable but can't afford treatment. There are millions of kids who have never seen a dentist or who barely get shots. And then there are millions of people who have to watch the health of their loved ones deteriorate without being financially able to do anything about it.
So, the lovely, sexy, wonderfully brilliant Barack *shivers* Obama say we need a complete overhaul of the current health care system to give aid to such people. Most would agree.
But, oh no... Look out!! Here comes the big bad Republicans who think tax dollars could be better spent in other ways... like fixing Iraq (look how that's turning out).
Some of these people also say that we will never become the hard working Americans we should be if everything is handed to us by the government. It makes people lazy.
To that I say, lets not teach people a lesson by letting them die you morons. Get a mother effing life, please and thank you.
Oh yea, and by the way, I certainly hope the state of the American health care system gets better soon because I pay my taxes, social security included, and by the time I get old enough to start receiving social security checks, the fund will be depleted. So what am I supposed to do when I'm 80 and can't work and I don't get a social security check every month to help me live off of? My kids can't take care of me because I don't plan on having those...
So Congress needs to get it together, and FAST.
Furthermore, changes can't start if we spend the next 5 years in deliberation. Now some people won't pass Obama's health care reform plan because they (and by they I mean the Repubs) refuse to let it include abortion.
This is where it gets tricky.... Some Repubs equate abortion with murder. Killing an innocent life. But then you have to define what life is. Is something considered alive when it comes out of the womb? Or is it a person when its heart beats for the first time? If you have an abortion before the heart is fully developed are you then not killing someone?
Its hard because as of now you won't go to jail for having an abortion, but you will go to jail for throwing a day old baby in a dumpster. In fact, chances are you will go to jail for a very long time.
I personally think that it's a woman's right to be able to to decide what she wants to do with her body. No other person should be allowed to tell a woman what procedures she can have done on HERSELF. Are they going to one day outlaw gastric bypass surgery too? It's not like abortions are commonly life threatening. I mean, we're barely able to care for the people we currently have in this country. One less baby here or there is not going to hurt us by any means. Look at the People's Republic of China? And its unlikely that that baby that was wanted in the first place is going to eventually grow up with a wonderful childhood being fully supported and turn out to make great contributions to the world. Chances are its parents are young, cannot support it, don't want it, and are more prone to neglect. So it grows up with no direction, has to resort to unlawful behavior to get by and takes up one more jail cell that we could have put a terrorist in. Not, that that person didn't deserve to live, but it really doesn't have any rights while its still in the womb (my opinion). Can you call a fetus an American citizen? Uh, no.
Point being, you can say abortion shouldn't be supported under government backed health care because its your personal belief that its unethical. But lawmakers shouldn't legislate with their feelings. Politicians shouldn't govern with there with their feelings. Judges should rule with their feelings. (but lawyers should definitely argue with their feelings. win a lot more cases that way)
And as many feelings as I, and the rest of us have, in the legal system they don't matter. And they shouldn't matter.
HELLO, didn't we separate church and state a long ass time ago?
No comments:
Post a Comment