Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Soap


I'm addicted to.... soap.

Not to worry, I won't be featured on an episode of Intervention anytime soon. I don't eat soap or grind it up and snort it.
But I love the feeling of being squeaky clean. Dry skin over oily skin ANY DAY. Body wash and one of those pouf sponge things I can't do. I mean, really though, is lather going to get all the dirt off of you? You'd be surprised to see how dirty most people actually are. I need a washcloth so I can SCRUB (literally) all the dirt off.
I'm a big fan of homemade soap. The kind you can almost see through made with real ingredients from all over the world. Not mass produced in a factory somewhere, but every homemade bar feels unique. The authenticity is what gets me. *shivers with excitement*
My current favorite is a Himalayan salt soap I got at the farmer's market at the strip district in Pittsburgh, I try to save the labels whenever I discover a new soap so I can order later, but they always end up in the bottom of makeup bag, then it ends up on the floor, then Sumata throws it away when she cleans the bathroom. What, am I gonna leave a note on the sink that says "Leave All Soap Wrappers HERE". NO. So that one's my fault.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: http://unionstreetsoap.com/

Union Street Soapworks has AMAZING bars of soap. Soap for oily skin, dry skin, some that smell like mint, some that smell like mud (seriously), soap to seduce, soap for sensitive skin, and then soap for really really dirty people, i.e it will cut through layers of your dirt.

Check it out.

Point is, I was never a bubble bath body wash type of girl.
Look out for those dirty spots most people neglect like behind your ears, neck, and the back of your knees. Surprisingly ankle also carry a lot of dirt.

Take a white wash cloth, a good bar of soap, and see what you find. Hopefully you're disgusted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment