Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Be Still


I recently read a post on one of my favorite blogs about the importance of being STILL.

And it's true. We all get so caught up in hustle and bustle of everyday life but there's never any time to reflect.
Me personally, I love to be busy. It makes me feel important, worth something, accomplished. Not doing anything is nice sometimes, but for the most part I feel like I'm wasting valuable parts of my life away.

But despite it all, I think it's important to take time everyday to just sit. think. reflect.

Be still... with no distractions. Turn everything off and get lost in the silence. Think about your life, where you want it to go and if it's going there. Take time to look at the little things around that you wouldn't have otherwise noticed. Then think about what someone else might be thinking about or looking at if they were doing the same thing.... It helps you appreciate what you have, value your accomplishments, reflect upon your mistakes, and prepare to make new ones. As hard as it may be my goal of the week is to do it everyday until this time next Thursday and see how my perspective changes.

OHM. meditate. Namaste

-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment