Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2009

I don't want to ride the train anymore....

So why did I get stuck on the metro AGAIN today. The train in front of me was "experiencing some problems" so we couldn't move for a good half hour, making me late for work. But its Friday and I called so they didn't trip.

SO.... there are serious flaws in the Washington DC Metro System as we all know

-The red line crash killing something close to 10 people and injuring a bunch more
-That BUS driver reading while driving
-And those two metro train operators caught sleeping while "operating" the train. (ps. they were only given a 5 day suspension, but not fired)
-At least six track circuits on four lines have failed to properly detect the presence of trains recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXscPrsA4TU
(click there to see a video of a train driver caught sleeping)

I mean, do we need to get a more sophisticated training program or something because this shit is ridiculous. You would think the city the President lives in would be the safest in the country but its damn near the least safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment